Your privacy is important to us and we will use our best endeavours to abide by our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 to protect your personal data.
We may collect the following data/personal data:
- your name;
- email addresses;
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- mailing addresses;
- place of residence;
- answers you provide to security questions (for password reset purposes or otherwise);
- payment information and order/transaction details;
- marketing preferences;
- user patterns;
- aggregated site statistics data;
- any other information you may furnish to us or that we may collect through your use of our website.
We may collect your personal data when you:
- visit/use our website, social media platforms or other platforms where we have access to your personal data;
- register an account on our website or sign up for our mailing list or newsletter;
- place an order or join a waiting list for an item;
- fill in any forms on our website, including a feedback or enquiry form;
- apply for a job with us and submit your CV or other details to us;
- contact us via email or otherwise.
We or our agents or independent contractors may use/disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- to process or assist your orders or enquiries or requests;
- to create your account with us on our website or add you to our mailing list or newsletter;
- to assist you in your use of and access to our website, including to assist you to reset your password or manage your account or orders;
- to attend to your queries, requests, comments and feedback;
- to evaluate your application for a career with us;
- to evaluate your website preferences;
- to maintain and upkeep our website;
- to send you notifications, news or updates via email, post, telephone calls or phone text messages;
- to market our products and services and that of our related businesses, related entities or businesses or entities that we collaborate or work with;
- to make marketing and business plans;
- to submit to government bodies or such entities that may request for your personal data;
- to disclose as and when required or permitted under the law, including for the purposes of anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism;
- to improve our website, including the contents thereof, and our services to you;
- to troubleshoot or solve problems on our website or in relation to our website;
- to improve your interactions with us and our website;
- to suit your personal preferences, purposes and interests; and
- to understand your or general user trends and conduct demographic and marketing research.
We do not and will not sell or trade your personal data to external parties.
When you visit and use our website, you may knowingly or unknowingly furnish information about yourself, including your user activities and patterns – this information is packaged into a “cookie” and is sent to your web browser. The next time you enter our website, your web browser will send the cookie to the web server and our website and your use and interactions thereof may be “tailored” based on the information packaged in the cookie.
If you do not wish to have your user activities tracked, disable cookies or delete them upon exit of our website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and correct your personal data by signing into your account and updating your profile there, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to enquire about what personal data we have of you, please also write to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Please note, however, that as part of our efforts to protect your personal data, we will only disclose your personal data to you if you have registered your personal data with our website, and only after confirming your identity. We seek your kind understanding and hope you will not be offended if we were to ask for your identification before we release any personal data of you that we have to you.
Please allow fourteen (14) working days for your request to be processed.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT / RETENTION OF DATA
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list or newsletter, you may follow the instructions set out in the emails you receive from us. If you would like to withdraw your consent to our use of any your personal data, please write to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by us or in our databases for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
We take reasonable measures and precautions to protect your personal data and other information and are constantly seeking to improve our security and data protection measures. Some measures we have taken or may be taking include, but are not limited to, requiring passwords and having firewalls. However, as you may be aware, no electronic storage or method of transmission over the Internet is completely and 100% secure. By using our site or submitting your personal data and other information to us (whether voluntarily or otherwise), you agree that you shall not hold us liable for any loss or damage you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of such personal data or information. Please also note that we may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach has occurred or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us to notify you of the same.
CONTACT US / PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
All questions you may have on our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data (if not addressed above) should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, at email@example.com. Please allow us fourteen (14) days to respond to your queries.